How to browse Anonymously:
- Step 1: Download and Install the Firefox Web Browser by clicking the image below. It's just like Internet Explorer, but blocks all ads and makes it easier to get to the sites that you love, like MySpace.
- Step 2: Download an install the SwitchProxy Extension for Firefox. It's super easy and fast!
- Step 3: Add this Anonymous Proxy List to SwtichProxy.
Congratulations! You can now browse all the sites that you love, anonymously!
How it Works: (Technical)
This application scrapes the excellent anonymous proxy list available at Proxy 4 Free (I use to use Stay Invisible), filters them, and renders them appropriately for most applications. For example, the SwitchProxy extension to Firefox plays nicely with this.
I’ve made a copy of the program available for all to use, to which the query string options are:
- c = County – The country by which you want to filter the proxies by, defaults to ‘United States’.
- t = Type – The type of proxies that you want, leave blank for all. Defaults to ‘anon’.
Updated 2005-02-10: Requests are now cached daily. I was afraid that too many requests might upset the server owners, whom provide such an excellent service.
Updated 2005-11-16: Stay Invisible removed their free proxy lists, so I’m now using a different service that seems comparable.