John has developed a comprehensive Japanese woodblock print database and image search engine: Ukiyo-e.org. He’s a board member of the Japanese Art Society of America and is a Visiting Researcher at Ritsumeikan University working on the study of Ukiyo-e.
John is located in Brooklyn, NY.
Subscribe for Email Updates
[email-subscribers namefield=”NO” desc=”Receive an email notification whenever a new post is published.” group=”Public”]
- I am open to limited speaking engagements in the New York City area. I’m no longer taking on any other speaking engagements (private or otherwise). Additionally:
- I’m only interested in speaking at conferences that have an enforced Code of Conduct in place, such as the one that Pycon or JSConf uses.
- Additionally I only wish to speak at conferences that’ve committed to improving diversity in both their speaker line-up and attendance. More information on fixing this problem can be found here and here.
- I’m not currently looking for work.
- I’m not taking on any new writing or blogging work right now.
- I am sometimes open to doing occasional interviews.
- If you have a question about jQuery please post it to the jQuery Forum.
- If you have any questions regarding the Ukiyo-e.org Search Engine please feel free to contact me.